Essential smartphone app for IT pros, physicians, and emergency responders coming to Android
WALTHAM, Mass. April 25, 2012
Today Onset Technology the creator of OnPage announced it is bringing its popular, secure assured pager app for iPhone and BlackBerry to the Android platform. Android users who can’t afford to ever miss an urgent message can sign up to participate in a private beta of OnPage at http://AndroidBeta.OnPage. Once installed, OnPage transforms an Android smartphone into a secure assured messaging system that guarantees urgent messages always get through, and confirms they get read.
OnPage has become an essential application for IT administrators that connect it to their server alerting platforms to make sure they never miss a critical system alert. Doctors and emergency responders, including law enforcement and the call centers that support them, are also increasingly turning to OnPage because it ensures secure emergency communications maintain compliance with HIPAA and other privacy regulations.
“OnPage now supports all of the major smartphone platforms,” says Judit Sharon, President and CEO of Onset Technology. “Now IT shops, hospitals, emergency services, media, and other organizations can consolidate all communications in a single Android, iPhone or Blackberry device. Users will be confident that their priority and mission-critical messaging will be transmitted using SSL encryption. Messages will be received, and most importantly, they will be read.”
This private beta release of the OnPage app for Android incorporates all of the communication and message management capabilities of the iOS and BlackBerry versions, including:
• An enticing user experience that makes paging fast, efficient, and (dare we say it?) fun!
• Confirmed receipt of delivery and reading of critical messages on the smartphone, from and to any OnPage user in the world.
• End-to-end encryption that protects private messages from prying eyes.
• Streamlined messaging with inbox, outbox, reply, and message status that makes it easy to confirm and track conversations.
• “In-app” messages that let communications also take place exclusively from inside the OnPage application.
• Phonebook sync that automatically draws OnPage contacts from a user’s smartphone contacts.
• One-touch responses that allow users to reply to messages with just a tap by sending predefined responses (i.e., “In a meeting,” “Get back to you in 15,” “With a patient,” etc.).
• “In-app” password reset that lets users change passwords on the fly.
• Compatible with the latest smartphones from Apple, BlackBerry, and Android.
Users can register for the private beta by visiting http://AndroidBeta.OnPage. Instructions for participating in the beta will be emailed to qualified registrants. The private beta for Android will be provided at no charge. When OnPage for Android exits beta, testers will be offered special pricing plans not available to the general public.
OnPage currently supports Apple iOS 5, BlackBerry 7 OS, and now, Android. For more information about OnPage, visit the OnPage website at http://www.OnPage.com, or contact Justin Lehmann at (610) 228-2113 (office), (215) 260-1506 (mobile), or write to [email protected]
ABOUT ONSET TECHNOLOGY
Onset Technology is a leading vendor of mobile messaging solutions to organizations with mission-critical emergency communications requirements. The company’s OnPage mobile app turns iOS, BlackBerry, and Android smartphones into secure digital pagers, supported by an enterprise-grade messaging and paging platform. Onset Technology’s OnPage is now used by over 1,000 organizations, including those in healthcare, emergency services, information technology, financial institutions, the legal profession, and government agencies. For more information about OnPage, visit the Onset Technology website at or at http://OnPage.com/.