Secure Texting is NOT enough for Hospital Communication
Due to the growing concern regarding HIPAA compliance, healthcare professionals have been turning towards new messaging solutions such as secure SMS; however, there are many reasons why secure text messaging is NOT a suitable replacement for pagers.
Why Just Secure Text Messaging is NOT Suitable
- Does NOT enable messages to be sent through multiple platforms; messages can only be sent through the application
- Does NOT provide persistent alerts until the message is acknowledged; will only alert you once
- Does NOT offer repeated delivery until your device is operational
- Does NOT have a time stamped audit trail for ALL messages
- Does NOT allow for group or escalation group messages
- Secure SMS is NOT fully HIPAA compliant. To be in FULL HIPAA compliance you need end to end encryption AND the ability to archive those messages for 6 years or more. Secure SMS does NOT archive messages.
OnPage, a fully HIPAA compliant, secure messaging application, Message can be sent as “Low” priority – SMS-like, or “High” Priority – Pager Like.
OnPage provides the convenience of messenger while simultaneously allowing the important features of traditional pager.
|Remote Wipe Ability||
|Archiving Ability (HIPAA)|
|Encrypted Communication (HIPAA)||
|Communication Through Multiple Platforms|
|High-priority messages rise above the clutter of email and text messaging||
|Alert until acknowledged||
|Repeated delivery until your device is operational||
|Acknowledged message delivery/read||
|Efficient Group & Escalation Group Sending||
|Time Stamped Audit Trial For ALL Messages||
|Enterprise Visibility To ALL Messages||